And it begins....

This is a hello, bonjour, and/or guten tag to any and all who happen upon this blog.  I like many others before me and many will after have fallen for the allure and promise of a quick buck from working at a restaurant.  And while it is still possible to make a killing, I find myself questioning if its really worth it, the constant degragation and headaches that result from working a single shift on the floor.  Then of course I snap back to reality and realize where I am.  Where am I you ask? I'm at a corporate pizzeria, yes thats right, wearing a ridiculous get up and feigning a smile as I pass through the dining room pretending that I give a crap if your meal is ok, and that each time I say yes sir I die a little inside.  I am a student by trade, which is a title I desperately cling to as I fight to remain in school and I am dying for a day off.  Wheew, ok now that I am done venting (for the moment) I would like to say that I do in fact feel bad if any customers have a bad time, as I do my best to make your experience pleasant.  I also say that at times working in a restaraunt can be an enriching experience as it has opened my eyes to a great many things about what life means, and the value of empathy.  But here I am rambling again, I better go, my customer is snapping his fingers at me to get my attention, hmm, time for another fake smile.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say ello to my little friend! Nice postings! Keep em coming:)